Gumroad, The best platform for selling online merchandise

So today I stumbled across a post while reading through design forms, I believe it came from an article on Smashing Magazine. If you're interested in giving it a read here is Part 1 and Part 2.

The article gives you some pretty useful information on how to sell materials that you have already created, maybe in the past for a client or just for fun on the side. It gives you insight on the tools that the author used to create a stable passive income that they are now supporting themselves with, and they don't even have to lift a finger once it is all set in place, they literally watch the money roll in. It sounds too good to be true but it actually can and does work. With a little planning and understanding of how markets work and how to entice your customers you can actually earn a comfortable income without having a full time job.

The main reason I haven't given much thought to selling digital content online yet, was because of how confusing and difficult it is to get a marketplace up and running. Gumroad makes that whole process a breeze. I set up my account in about 10 seconds by just linking my Facebook and Twitter accounts,  after that i filled out the information to receive payments to my PayPal account. An awesome feature about Gumroad is that they don't charge to process payments to your PayPal account.

That's It! Your account is set up in minuets and you are ready to sell to your hearts content! Don't have anything to sell yet? Gumroad allows you to create a test product so that you can see the whole process from start to finish.

Luckily I had a poster that I made for fun one day after seeing a cool piece of reference online. It was so simple to upload the files, I had a number of files that I wanted to include so that people could use the poster however they would like. Instead of uploading multiple files, I was able to compress them to a zip and upload the zip file instead.


Hope that this article peaks the interest of a few and introduces them to the world of online digital content sales. If you found this post helpful or would like to purchase a copy of my poster Check it out here.